Thriving Family – A Program for the Whole Tribe
The GAPS™ Nutritional Protocol has a wonderful ability to “sort” a whole family’s health issues at one time. Pairing the GAPS Protocol with the guidance of a practitioner to attend to both the individuals and the family as a whole, can be a valuable addition to your endeavors…and peace of mind as well.
This program is designed to address a family with multiple children and multiple symptoms. We’ll work on addressing the family’s diet as a whole and work on specific symptoms in each family member.
The goal is a family that is thriving, energetic, and balance.
From autism to eczema (and a lot in between), the Thriving Family Program is designed to address the root of your family’s underlying health concerns — their gut health — and to help them restore balance in their bodies.
This GAPS™ oriented gut healing program will include diet and lifestyle changes that can benefit the whole family. Based on labs, individual priorities, symptoms, & food sensitivities, we’ll craft a plan that is unique to your family needs. In our initial session we can determine how we will focus our attention first.
- Initial health history intake session of 2 hours – in which we take the time to do an extensive review of your family’s health history, a week-long food journal, and any symptoms that family members are dealing with now.
- Consults by phone – 1 – 2 per month (see further details below)
- Recommended lab tests – so that we can get comprehensive information & hone our work together
- Diet, Supplement & Detoxification Plan that is GAPS™ oriented and based on labs, individual priorities, symptoms, & food sensitivities
- Email communication from me in between sessions (see Basecamp below)
- Printed material – handouts, and resources as needed
- Communication through Basecamp to keep all your family’s resources and our conversations in one organized and easily accessible place
- Heal Your Gut Cookbook – my personal favorite GAPS™ cookbook
- Honest Body GAPS™ Fridge Magnets – 2 magnets, 1 for the Stages of Intro, and 1 for the Full GAPS food lists
- Parent Empowering Education in the Foundations of health (diet, digestion, blood sugar, fatty acid & mineral status, and hydration)
- Encouragement – we can all use a little sometimes, especially during a healing protocol
What does the program look like?
The clients that end our work together having the best results work with me for a period of at least six months. Why? They get my hands-on attention and care, and lots of interaction between sessions. They have access to my attention for a full six months — the length of time that is generally needed to make lasting progress and complete the phases of a restorative program.
Pre-session is when I’m starting to get to know you and craft a direction for our work together. It includes the intake form process: your family’s health history, Nutri-Q symptom burden questionnaires, disclaimer, food journal, and any labs done recently.
The 1st session is all about info gathering and fact-finding. We delve into the issues that your family is experiencing, his/her medical history, and any known environmental triggers. We’ll discuss some basic supplemental supports, the first round of dietary changes, and additional lab testing. After each session you will get an organized and detailed follow-up of your next steps and resources.
The 2nd session is usually after lab test results have come in and focuses on your family’s personal GAPS program. We review the key points of each lab test, and how they are supported by the protocol. The plan will include diet, environmental adjustments, and any supplements to add to the routine, as well as many resources to refer to again and again.
The 3rd session is usually two to three weeks after session 2, to see how things are going. As a mom of four, I understand first hand how challenging it can be to adjust diet and lifestyle in a family. The goal of nutritional therapy is to find a routine that works for you! We’ll troubleshoot any issues you’re having and make modifications as necessary.
The 4th through 6th sessions weave in more check-ins, retesting/review, Phase II considerations, and education that will help your family have good health for the duration. At this point you will likely have seen some major improvements in your family’s symptoms. We’ll go over any additional issues, adjust your family’s program as necessary, and design a strategy for the future.
Book your initial session below: