The GAPS™ Intro Diet is a jump start for healing & soothing your digestive tract. For instance it’s one of the fastest ways to stop issues like diarrhea and takes nourishment to a whole new level. Those with stubborn issues doing Full GAPS™, often have success doing a round of Intro.
There are six precise stages, with #1 basically including boiled veggies, meats, broths, & probiotic foods. Each stage adds more foods in, until you have reached the level of Full GAPS™.
Stage 1 & 2 can seem pretty limiting, but Stage 3 allows for the introduction of nutbutter/squash pancakes. Believe me, they taste amazing when you’ve been eating just soup all day. (They actually taste pretty good otherwise too)
Here is the pancake recipe that we used when our family went through the GAPS™ Intro Diet. They also make nutrient dense, yummy snacks. (Recipe inspired by the Grain-Free Foodies)Print
GAPS Intro Pancakes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 cup cooked & pureed squash (I generally use butternut, cut into chunks, & simmered in broth or water until soft)
- 1 cup nutbutter (such as almond)
- 5 eggs (yolks & whites divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- With a mixer, beat the egg whites until fluffy.
- With either a food processor or an immersion blender & large bowl, blend the egg yolks, squash, nutbutter & salt until smooth.
- Then gently fold this mixture into the egg whites until blended together.
- I recommend frying on a well-seasoned cast iron griddle over low heat. These pancakes can be prone to burning if the temperature is hot.