- 1 cup cooked & pureed squash (I generally use butternut, cut into chunks, & simmered in broth or water until soft)
- 1 cup nutbutter (such as almond)
- 5 eggs (yolks & whites divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- With a mixer, beat the egg whites until fluffy.
- With either a food processor or an immersion blender & large bowl, blend the egg yolks, squash, nutbutter & salt until smooth.
- Then gently fold this mixture into the egg whites until blended together.
- I recommend frying on a well-seasoned cast iron griddle over low heat. These pancakes can be prone to burning if the temperature is hot.