Your Happy and Healthy Kid – The Child Program
I’m thinking that you want your kids to be the best version of themselves:
Energetic. Clear-skinned. Pink-cheeked. Robust. Joyful. It is much easier to be all that, when they are healthy!
Unfortunately, this is too often not the case.
Our children are suffering from unwanted side effects like environmental factors, opportunistic organisms, gut damage from prescription drugs and antibiotics, and food sensitivities.
From autism to eczema (and a lot in between), the Happy and Health Kid Program is designed to address the root of your child’s underlying health concerns — their gut health — and to help them restore balance in their young bodies.
This GAPS™ oriented gut healing program focuses on one child, although the plan will include diet and lifestyle changes that can benefit the whole family. Based on labs, individual priorities, symptoms, & food sensitivities, we’ll craft a plan that is unique to his/her needs.
- Initial health history intake session of 1.5 hours – in which we take the time to do an extensive review of your child’s health history, a week-long food journal, and any symptoms he/she is dealing with now. This includes a 20 minute symptom burden survey
- Consults by phone – 3 per month (see further details below)
- Recommended lab tests – so that we can get comprehensive information & hone our work together
- Diet, Supplement & Detoxification Plan that is GAPS™ oriented and based on labs, individual priorities, symptoms, & food sensitivities
- Email communication from me in between sessions (see Basecamp below)
- Printed material – handouts, and resources as needed
- Communication through Basecamp to keep all your child’s resources and our conversations in one organized and easily accessible place
- Encouragement – we can all use a little sometimes, especially during a healing protocol
What does the program look like?
The clients that end our work together having the best results work with me for a period of at least six months. Why? They get my hands-on attention and care, and lots of interaction between sessions. They have access to my advice for a full six months — the length of time that is generally needed to make lasting progress and complete the phases of a restorative program.
Pre-session is when I’m starting to get to know you and craft a direction for our work together. It includes the intake form process: your child’s health history, Nutri-Q symptom burden questionnaire, disclaimer, food journal, and any labs done recently.
The 1st session is all about info gathering and fact-finding. We delve into the issues that your child is experiencing, his/her medical history, and any known environmental triggers. We’ll discuss some basic supplemental supports, the first round of dietary changes, and additional lab testing. After each session you will get an organized and detailed follow-up of your next steps and resources.
After the Initial Health History session, we continue to meet for three (3) weekly sessions per month. This provides ongoing support and the adaptiveness that is so necessary for each unique body. We can tweak and troubleshoot the protocol to match your child’s needs, as well as adjust it based on how your child is responding.