This is my simple method for making dairy kefir, a probiotic milk beverage with many health benefits.
- 1–2 Tbls kefir grains (this is my favorite source)
- 1 quart raw, grass-fed milk
- Place kefir grains in a clean, wide-mouth quart-sized glass jar
- Pour milk over top and cover jar with plastic lid.
- Allow to culture for 24 hours or more, until you can see that milk has thickened and there are bubbles that have made “tracks” up the sides of the glass.
- Strain out kefir grains in a plastic colander over a large bowl.
- Store finished kefir in the fridge until consuming as a drink, in smoothies, or in other recipes.
- Repeat steps 1-4 with the kefir grains.