This roasted squash with sage and brown butter is perfect for fall. It is a simple, delicious, and versatile side dish that goes with everything from soup to steak. Oh, and did I mention, it’s easy!
You can make the recipe with any squash type. We like to use delicata for the best flavor, and presentation, AND you don’t have to peel it:)Print
Sweet, savory, and easy! This dish goes from simple to gourmet and is a great side for any meal!
- 2 large Delicata squash
- 1/2 cup butter or ghee
- 3 Tbs fresh sage leaves, minced
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Slice into half rings and place in a baking dish.
- Dot with butter or ghee and sprinkle sage leaves and salt over the top
- Bake for 45 minutes, until squash is tender and beginning to turn brown on the edges.
- You can use this recipe with any other squash you have on hand as well.
Keywords: squash, roasted squash
Looking for more ideas for dinner? This recipe is part of our GAPS Diet Dinner Club! Get 14 weeks of delicious yet simple dinner menu plans. The Dinner Club does all the work for you, including recipes for 4 dinners, your grocery list, and one dessert recipe per week for your sweet tooth!
These recipes are delicious and different, yet simple and easy to make. Recipes like pork tenderloin and flourless carrot cake make a great special meal for guests. Whole-family pleasing recipes like BBQ chicken and Cobb Salad are featured too!
Have a big family or want leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day? Simply double the recipes. With 14 weeks of healthy, family-friendly dinners, you can easily get into the GAPS groove. Find out more here.