When our family of six first tripped down the Intro part of the GAPS Protocol, learning new food preparation took a lion’s share of time.
Being the forward thinking, future mother-in-law that I am, I employed my oldest son as much as possible in food prep (speaking of which, he is making lemon poppy-seed muffins as I write this).
Reaching Stage 4 was exciting for all, and my son rose to the occasion by creating our first nut butter bread. This recipe is a basic rendition of that first nut butter bread, dubbed Cade’s Bread. The pictured bread is in a flat round pan, but it just as easily adapts to small loaf pans for slicing. It’s a pure treat with ghee and honey. Enjoy!
- 2 cups “crispy” nuts (soaked & dehydrated)
- 3 eggs (preferably pastured)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat, melted (ghee or coconut oil)
- Dash of water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Separate egg whites from yolks & blend whites in mixer until soft peaks form
- Except for egg whites, blend everything else in food processor until smooth
- Fold beaten egg whites into the mixture gently
- Pour mixture into baking dish greased with ghee or coconut oil
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean