We’re going camping this weekend! We’re joining a bunch of our very good friends at a nearby lake campground.
Amidst the biking, hiking, swimming, boating, sunbathing, campfire yacking…there will be food. Since we are in a full season of life, I’m aiming to keep it simple, while still having some fun GAPS & grain-free foods. We’re also camping next to our car, so our choices can be a little more varied. Yes, you can do the GAPS Diet while camping.
Here is what I’m planning for food:
- Grassfed hot dogs
- Carrot sticks & homemade ranch
- Apples & cinnamon yogurt dip
- Beet salad
- Homemade GAPS friendly marshmallows (!)
- Grain free muffins
- Boiled eggs
- Fresh strawberries
- Lettuce wraps with turkey, cheese, mustard, & homemade mayo
- Sliced fruit
- Sliced veggies
- “Fun Sticks”
- Hobo Packs over the coals
-homemade taco seasoning
- Baked apples with honey, butter, cinnamon, & raisins
- Marshmallows (& maybe grain free graham crackers?)
- Grain free muffins (probably lemon poppyseed)
- Cinnamon yogurt dip
- Simple homemade ranch (sour cream, garlic powder, sea salt, dried parsley)
- “Fun sticks”
- Beet salad
- Grain-free crackers
Enjoy your weekend friends. May it be filled with family and friends.
Want more travel tips?