I don’t know why I haven’t shared this particular recipe yet…after all, I only make this chili for my family every other week.
It is one of our staples and crowd pleasers, a soup to stretch for a couple days of main meals…if mama is short on cooking time (as when writing a certain GAPS CLASS)
It is a great soup for Full GAPS. By the way, if you are considering the GAPS Class, we’ll be sharing lots of great recipes for all stages of GAPS, so you’ll have ideas for what to eat, and when.
We enjoy this grain free White Bean Chili with avocado, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and a drizzle of olive oil.
I hope you like it as much as we do!Print
Grain Free White Bean Chili
- Category: Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork (substitutions can be ground beef, or even better, pork sausage!)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or 4 fresh cloves)
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk (full fat & preferably BPA free)
- 1 7 oz jar of tomato paste (I use Bionaturae)
- 1 24 oz jar of strained tomatoes (I use Bionaturae)
- 4 cups of cooked white beans (1 lb beans soaked overnight and then cooked until just soft)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon or cayenne (more if you like heat)
- Optional toppings: diced avocado, shredded cheddar or jack cheese, sour cream
- Brown the meat with the diced onion
- Add EVERYTHING else and simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes
- This chili is very forgiving…feel free to add more liquid if you want to stretch it farther the next day for leftovers, or add less spice, more spice, etc.
- Fills an 8 qt. stockpot