How to make GAPS Diet Intro Pancakes
The GAPS Intro Diet is one of the most powerful healing diets for healing & soothing your digestive tract. For instance, it’s one of the fastest ways to stop issues like diarrhea. It takes nourishment to a whole new level. People with stubborn issues that are not resolving on Full GAPS, often have success doing a round of the GAPS Introduction Diet.
There are six precise stages on the GAPS Introduction Diet, with Stage 1 mainly consisting of boiled veggies, meats, stocks, & probiotic brines. For a full list of Stage 1 foods, click here. Each stage adds more food until you have reached the level of Full GAPS.
Stage 1 & 2 can seem pretty limiting, but Stage 3 allows for the introduction of nut butter/pumpkin pancakes. Believe me, they taste amazing when you’ve been eating mostly soup all day!
Making GAPS diet Intro pancakes that hold together and are fluffy can be a trick. Here is the pancake recipe that we used when our family went through the GAPS Intro Diet. They also make nutrient-dense, yummy snacks. (Recipe inspired by the Grain-Free Foodies)
- 1 cup cooked & pureed pumpkin (Cut into chunks, & simmer in stock or water until soft)
- 1 cup nut butter (such as almond)
- 5 eggs (yolks & whites divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- With a mixer, beat the egg whites until fluffy.
- With either a food processor or an immersion blender & large bowl, blend the egg yolks, squash, nutbutter & salt until smooth.
- Then gently fold this mixture into the egg whites until blended together.
- I recommend frying on a well-seasoned cast iron griddle over low heat. These pancakes can be prone to burning if the temperature is hot.