Hollandaise is one of my favorite breakfast additions…something I will make for my honey and I if we happen to be able to eat breakfast together after the kiddos are out the door…or something to prepare for the occasional girlfriend breakfast. I hope you enjoy it’s richness as much as I do. Often thought of as a tricky sauce to make, I take out the guesswork with this blender hollandaise recipe.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I use Annie’s or Eden Foods brand)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 stick melted butter
- Pinch of cayenne
- In a blender, combine the yolks, mustard, lemon juice, and salt and pulse until blended.
- Place the lid on the blender and turn onto high and drizzle the butter in, in a slow stream.
- The sauce will thicken immediately. Add the cayenne and blend.
- Taste and add more lemon juice if needed.
For a grain-free eggs benedict I love this sauce over bacon, micro-greens, and a poached egg…so delicious.