How to make roasted garlic soup (GAPS, Primal, Gluten-free, Grain-free)
Today, I bring you one of my favorite creamy, cold-weather soups. Delight of delights, it is also adaptable for the GAPS Introduction Diet. (To learn more about this healing protocol click here)
Note to the chef…it is hard to keep my mitts off the roasted components long enough to get them made into their creamy version…they are that good. It is helpful to double this portion if your kitchen is regularly invaded by “pickers”.
Savor and thrive,
GAPS Intro Diet Note: to make this GAPS Intro Diet-friendly, simmer your lightly roasted vegetables for 20 minutes in meat stock or water, strain, and puree. Use fresh basil, rather than dried.Print
- 10 – 15 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 7 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Divide the cauliflower into florets. Put the cauliflower pieces and unpeeled garlic into a large bowl.
- Melt 3 Tbsp. of butter or coconut oil in a saucepan and pour over vegetables. Stir to coat.
- Pour vegetables into shallow roasting pan and roast for 30 – 40 minutes
- In a large soup pot, melt the remaining butter/coconut oil and saute’ the onions until soft. Stir in the dried basil, add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Put the roasted vegetables in the pot. Peel the garlic and add as well.
- Blend with immersion blender and cook for another 5 minutes.
This post is featured in Phoenix Helix’s Autoimmune Paleo’s Recipe Roundtable – http://www.phoenixhelix.com/2013/11/06/paleo-aip-recipe-roundtable-2/