These little beauties have quickly become a weekly favorite in our household.
Their inspiration comes from one of my favorite cookbooks “Every Day Paleo Family Cookbook” by Sarah Fragoso. The reason I love this cookbook is because it lives up to its title EVERY DAY…as in you can easily fit these recipes into everyday life…which is important when feeding a busy family a nourishing whole foods diet. So I share this recipe that has been working for us.
- 2 cups almond flour (I use blanched almond flour from Honeyville)
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cups organic freshly baked pumpkin puree
- 6 eggs (organic, pastured best)
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup melted butter or ghee
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Place muffin papers in a muffin tin or grease the muffin tin with butter
- Add dry ingredients to a medium mixing bowl - almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, sea salt
- Add wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl - pumpkin puree, eggs, honey, butter.
- Mix with handheld blender (I use KitchenAid mixer)
- Combine dry ingredients with wet in large mixing bowl and blend until smooth
- Add raisins and fold in gently
- Fill each muffin space about ¾ full and bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Makes 12 - 16 muffins
Keeping it simple. ENJOY.
With love and warmth,
P.S. Just a disclaimer…pure bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) is allowed on the full GAPS diet for those who do not have low stomach acid issues. I recommend proceeding with caution, and listening to your body.