There will come a time, not too long from now, when neighbors will be “generously” sharing their zucchini harvests. Zucchini gifting may even become covert if the bounty is profuse enough, and zucchini will mysteriously show up on front porches, and in parked cars at social functions.
Zucchini is one of the most prolific garden vegetables, and this is my favorite way to eat it. The tarragon takes the flavor up a notch and has a wonderful aroma, and the cream…let’s just say its closely related to butter, which is one of my favorite foods. This preparation is also very simple and fast…perfect for lunch or a quick side dish.
It is not technically GAPS legal, but could easily fit if you substituted 24 hour cultured sour cream for the cream in this recipe.
*Note: I’ve written this recipe for one medium zucchini, which feeds 1 – 2 people. Simply multiply the ingredients by the number of people you are serving.Print
Creamy Tarragon Zucchini
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves, minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or 24 hr cultured sour cream for GAPS)
- Heat a medium pan over medium-low heat.
- Melt the butter in the pan.
- Saute the zucchini in the butter for 5 – 7 minutes until tender, adding in the tarragon & cream in the last minute.
- Salt to taste & enjoy.