For most of our special occasions lately, I’ve been quite happy with my grain free chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. I’m in a no-fuss season of life and what works…works.
I also have little girls in my brood, so when a pair of blonde braids and blue eyes asked for something pink and strawberry for her 7th birthday I left the “what works” zone and went looking for inspiration. I found strawberry frosting on Urban Poser and gave it a no-fuss makeover for GAPS/no starch/less ingredients, pairing it with my chocolate cupcake recipe. It was a hit!
The only “special” ingredient you will need is freeze dried strawberries (preferably organic). I also use a pastry tip to make my frosting a little more special.
May your little girls (or boys) find enjoyment from this frosting recipe.
- 1 cup room temp softened butter (2 sticks)
- 10 tablespoons raw honey (almost ⅔ cup)
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries (when ground, comes out as about 5 tablespoons)
- Blend freeze dried strawberries in a blender until powdered (you may want to strain seeds through a fine mesh sieve but this is optional)
- Combine butter, honey and strawberry powder in a mixer and whip at medium-high speed for a few minutes until completely blended and creamy.
- Frost your cakes or cupcakes when completely cooled.
- Enjoy your pink confection!